I'm based in Sydney and my company advertised the exact role in Darwin which I have expressed interest in.
Both my employer and myself are on board with the idea, just trying to figure out logistics. Ideally I would want to move mid-september 2020.
My concerns are:
1) relocation costs setting me back. I assumed companies would offer packages for relocation, but I think this is something I have to negotiate.
2) ideally i would want a car. is it worth driving my 2002 camry from Syd to Darwin (42hr drive, approx $500 fuel and 5 nights accomodation to consider?). this way i can take some items of furniture
alternatively i would fly there, and buy a car over there?
3) need to consider self isolation laws if restrictions haven't eased by september. employer said i can work from my new home in dawrin for 2 weeks
4) i understand NT govt is providing support to relocate to NT https://theterritory.com.au/live/register#item-2
should i bring this up to my employer after negotiating relocation? ideally I'd want this govt support on top of my employer's relocation package.
5) im an engineer, the pay wasn't really discussed as its the exact same role. i understand engineers are paid more in NT? is costs of living higher?
my question is, has anyone else reloacted for work? what has your company offered you that i should consider negotiating for? should i keep my car, or buy a 2ndhand car over there? is it worth 4WD? i plan to camp at national parks.