Time to reach out to Grandparents!!! or take care of yourself on this one.
The regional seniors travel card provides eligible seniors in regional, rural and remote areas with a $250 prepaid card to help ease the cost of travel. You can use the travel card at certain retailers across Australia to pay for fuel, taxis and pre-booked NSW Trainlink Regional trains and coaches.
You'll need to activate your card before you can use it.
The travel card is valid for 14 months from the date of issue (the date shown on your card letter). The expiry date is available on the front of the card.
The regional seniors travel card program is available for a 2-year trial period (2020-2021). Eligible seniors can apply for a card in 2020 and for another card in 2021.
Applications for 2021 (Year 2) open on 18 January 2021 and will close on 30 November 2021.
To be eligible for the trial, you must:
- have reached the Age Pension age
- live in a designated regional area of NSW outside of Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong
- be receiving support from either Services Australia or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs as follows:
You must be:
- receiving the Age Pension; or
- a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holder.
Department of Veterans’ Affairs
You must be receiving one of the following:
- Age Pension
- Service Pension
- Disability Pension under the Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986
- War Widow(er) Pension
- Or hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.
You must also have received your pension or have held your card for at least one month.
What you need
- your personal details (name, date of birth)
- your mother's maiden name (used to verify your identity if you need to enquire about your card)
- your residential address and delivery address
- your phone number
- your Services Australia customer reference number or Department of Veterans’ Affairs file number or unique identification number (UIN) as shown on your entitlement card. If your household has more than one applicant, use your UIN (if you have one).
- a MyServiceNSW Account and email address (only if you're applying online).
Note: The details you provide in your application must match those held by Services Australia or the Department of Veterans' Affairs.