- Connected a 4 pole (TRRS) splitter into Mi Monitor.
- Connect speakers.
Audio noob here.
I've got a pair of the R1700BT speakers - noticed a bit of an issue where sound only comes from one side when I use the AUX → RCA cable.
I'm unsure how to diagnose the root cause properly, but here are the setups where it occurs:
- Mac → HDMI → Xiaomi surface 34 → AUX out → RCA in → R1700BT
- PS5 → HDMI → Xiaomi surface 34 → AUX out → RCA in → R1700BT
- PS5 → Bluetooth controller → AUX out → RCA in → R1700BT
But it works correctly (Stereo output) when I plug the aux straight into the aux out of my el cheapo dell laptop :s
Could I get some advice please, thanks in advance!
- Mi Monitor also confirmed to be working (Stereo output) with 3.5mm headphones plugged in. (Mac → HDMI → Mi Monitor → AUX → Headphones). Replacing headphones with speakers in this scenario = left-only output.
- The aux in cable is a TRS cable.