BLUF: looking to purchase new fitness watch, what should I look into?
The long: Am eagerly awaiting my first ever EOFY bonus (to be paid in September payroll) and am thinking of rewarding myself with upgrading my watch (currently using a 1st Gen Apple Watch). I am quite interested in the Garmin range of watches because of their performance features, battery life and durability.
Some of my criteria:
- iPhone integration (notifications, calls, music player)
- Water resistant
- Decent battery life (i.e., not having to charge once a day)
- Budget: under $1000, but happy to spend less :)
- My activities: walk / run, swimming, cycling, gym, sleep (not joking, sleep tracking would be a bonus)
- I use Strava, so compatibility with this if that is a thing
- Minimalist design preferably, dark colours, and larger is okay (currently using a 42mm watch face and my wrist eats it up no problems)
Please give me some recommendations my trusty OzBargain comrades.