Am after motorbike recommendations.
I am a 6 ft, 120 kg fella who needs to travel from point A(Downer) to point B(Tuggers) in Canberra.
I have an Australian motorcycle licence and in the recent past have driven a Royal Enfield Bullet 350/500 in Dhaka, Bangladesh for a few weeks - so I am fairly comfortable riding motorbikes.
With a hilly terrain like in Canberra bikes like Agility RS125 are probably out of question given my weight profile. Riding a bike (bicycle) for 90+ minutes is also out of question.
All I am after is a reliable motorbike (even electric should be fine) that will run comfortably on a hilly terrain in taking me from A to B. I am a relaxed and comfortable cruising type driver and not after mad speed at all. What do you recommend? I usually lean towards buying new automobiles - so my preference will be for a new bike. I am not quite sure on the budget
around $5k as $5k isn't going to get me anything decent I am upping my budget just for the bike to $10k or so. Happy to spend separately on gear.
A few other questions :
- On Google maps there is no motorbike option - am I correct in assuming whatever route is shown for a car is automatically applicable to motorbikes?
- Is parking free for motorbikes everywhere (in Canberra)?
- Whats the cost of ownership on bikes like? Is the rego as much as a cars?
- Do most motorbikes expect some kind of regular maintenance? I can probably to a bit of DIY fixing if its straightforward enough but dont want a constant expenditure every month.
- What will I additionally need if I have to drop a kid off to school on a motorbike?
- What do you do when it rains?