Dentist told me to get an electric tooth brush.
Found this as the most reasonably priced one without silly Bluetooth features.
Says 1-3 weeks dispatch but mine is due 26/10/21.
Other colours are $79 at Amazon and $100 at jb-hifi.
Same motor as the more expensive ones with the built in timer but no pressure or positioning sensor or Bluetooth.
Dark blue only, no travel case.
Also available at the shaver shop thanks Emperor Nasi Goreng
Or $48 via shaver shop eBay using after pay thanks CC123
Oral-B Pro 2 2000 Blue Electric Toothbrush Powered by Braun is a rechargeable toothbrush.
It's clinically proven to remove 100% more plaque*.
Toothbrush brand used by dentists worldwide (most used by dentists based on surveys of a representative worldwide sample of dentists' usage carried out for P&G continuously). *vs. a regular manual toothbrush
- Download the Oral-B App for a connected brushing experience
- Clinically proven. Removes up to 100% more plaque (vs. a regular manual toothbrush) and protects gums
- Brush like dental professionals recommend - 2-Modes: Daily Clean, Sensitive
- Round head: Surrounds each tooth for superior cleaning (vs. a regular manual toothbrush)
- Timer: Helps you brush the dentist recommended 2 minutes
- Li-Ion battery: More than 2 weeks of brushing with 1 full charge. Faster charging time (vs. Oral-B basic charger)
- Pressure control: Alerts you and reduces speed to ensure that you don't press too hard on gums
- Oral-B Power Testodrive
- 2-year limited warranty against defects (full details inside pack)
Features & details
Clincally Proven; Removes 100 percentage more plaque
Toothbrush brand used by dentists worldwide
2-Modes: Daily clean, sensitive
Timer: Helps you brush the dentist recommended 2 minutes
Li-Ion battery: More than 2 weeks of brushing with 1 full charge; Faster charging time
Sonic (vibration) vs osscilation
Dentist is adamant that oscillating were better than vibrating. She is an Oral Health Therapist - BHthSc that specialises in proactive care for adults and children.
I found a Randomized Controlled Trial:
A 12-week clinical comparison of an oscillating-rotating power brush versus a marketed sonic brush with self-adjusting technology in reducing plaque and gingivitis
An advanced oscillating-rotating power toothbrush produced substantial, statistically superior reductions in plaque and gingivitis via multiple outcome measures compared to a new sonic toothbrush after both four weeks and 12 weeks of tooth brushing.
Klukowska M, Grender JM, Conde E, Goyal CR. A 12-week clinical comparison of an oscillating-rotating power brush versus a marketed sonic brush with self-adjusting technology in reducing plaque and gingivitis. J Clin Dent. 2013;24(2):55-61. PMID: 24282870.