What are the best non-mainstream iOS apps you’ve come across?
Apps that you regularly use or cannot live without, because of how powerful and useful they are?
I’m always searching for fantastic new apps that make a big difference in living life.
I love discovering new apps that:
- are totally innovative and unique
- get significant updates to totally revamp it
- offer a lifetime purchase
- tailored for Australian purposes
More contributions helps others navigate life; you become more (tech) savvy to hack life better so you can spend more time on the things you truly love.
Some guidelines when posting your apps:
- briefly outline why it’s powerful
- can be religious, political, financial, sexual etc.; just keep it as a review
- prefer less common apps
- try not to duplicate
- prefer free or lifetime purchase apps (many subscriptions are insidious or overcharged)
- be honest (there are many unethical, dishonest and greedy developers and reviewers; we don’t need any here)
- if you’re the developer or associated, then state it (to avoid a conflict of interest)
- focus on helping the community rather than hindering
Some of my favourite include (in no particular order):
Notebook (by Zoho) - free; easy to use, acts on feedback, good support, encrypted, colourful, syncs to all devices, auto saves, doesn’t crash. Insanely good.
Edison Email - free; combines ALL email accounts (obscure ones too); check ALL inbox, ALL spam, ALL trash; ALL subscriptions. Syncs to all devices. Doesn’t crash. Can answer invitations with simple Yes / No / Maybe buttons. Insanely good.
BitWarden - free; password manager; syncs to all devices, auto log in; encrypted. Can be used alongside iCloud Keychain.
Scribd - 30 day trial or $14/mth; biggest collection of audiobooks; insanely good value.
Waze - free; reliable way to scan for police.
SnapSolve - free; council reporting; uses your local council, fast responses/actioning, helps community out.
Malatesta - $15 lifetime; teleprompter for YouTubers; voice-recognition auto-scroll.
Speak2Scroll - currently free ($30 lifetime); teleprompter; voice-recognition auto-scroll; auto-scroll is too slow/delayed (developer is fixing this.)
Documents (by Readdle) - free; comprehensive file management; connect to desktop PC/Mac and servers.
ScriptBuilder - $5 or something; clear way of writing all the parts of a film / screenplay.
Story Planner - $7 or something (don’t get the pack); same as above.
Filmic pro + cinematic kit - $45 lifetime; filming; gamma controls; high quality.
Lucid - 7 day trial or $27/mth - speed learning popular books and academic disciplines; uses animations / diagrams to portray key ideas; screenshot all animations for later reference; quizzes; new books / courses added fast. Expensive.