In case of Emergency: PLEASE CONTACT 000
This page came about as a result of some discussions about R U OK Day and Mental Health issues on OzBargain. OzBargain (and other forums) shouldn't be a substitute for seeking advice from a health professional, especially in the case of mental health. It is strongly recommended that you seek help from the professional organisations below and to report any users to us who may need assistance.
- Kids Help Line 1800 551 800 (free from landlines and any Optus/Virgin mobile phone)
- Lifeline 13 11 14 (cost of local call from landline or free from mobile phone)
- Mensline 1300 78 9978
- National Sexual Assault, Domestic & Family Violence Counselling Service 1800 737 732 (1800RESPECT)
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467 (cost of a local call)
- VVCS – Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service 1800 011 046
The Parent Line is available to assist parents, with stressful parenting issues or concerns.
- Eating Disorders Foundation of ACT (EDFACT) (02) 6166 1679
There are currently no eating disorder-specific associations in the Northern Territory.
- Relationships Australia NT (counselling service available for eating disorders)
- Gold Coast Eating Disorders Support (07) 5593 8356