You can use OzBargain to remind you of deals and competitions at a later date as long as you have a user account and you are logged in at the time of viewing the deal or competition.
The reminder link is located on every deal and competition page under the deal description along with other links which look like this:
Click on the 'Reminder' link for options.
Deals will have reminder date options of the start and expiry dates, as well as a custom date picker to pick your own date. Competitions only have the closing date as an option, as well as the custom date picker.
You will be notified of your reminders in multiple places:
- As a one-off desktop notification. Notifications are generated once per day early in the morning.
- In your daily OzBargain newsletter if you are subscribed on the day of the reminder.
- On the front page of the OzBargain website, in a block on the sidebar for the duration from the reminder date to the deal's expiry date or the competition's closing date. (full/desktop site only)
You can also:
- Add deals as events directly to Google Calendar
- Export iCalendar (.ics) files to use for Apple Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, Yahoo! Calendar etc.
The calendar events will have a duration of 1 day. The 'start' time is determined as follows:
- The start date is used if it exists and is in the future
- The expiry date is used if it exists and is in the future
- Otherwise, tomorrow's date is used and users can edit the event as required.
You can access all existing reminders on your reminders page. There are a few ways to access the page:
- Click on 'My Reminders' in the reminder popup from the reminder link.
- Click on the cog wheel on your reminder side block when you see it on the front page (full/desktop site only).
- Go to 'My Account' on the top menu, select 'Settings'. Your account information will be displayed. On that page, click on the 'Reminders' secondary navigation tab.
You should see a page with your existing reminders. Click the checkbox for any reminders that you wish to delete and click on the 'Delete' button.