Price comparison/tracking, product review, broker agencies, cashback providers or similar website operators may wish to post deals on OzBargain. This is permitted as long as the below requirements are met.
If you wish to post a deal that contains a link to your third-party website, please take note of the following guidelines in addition to the usual Deal Posting Guidelines:
- The main URL of the deal must point to the store itself, not the third-party website. The only exception where the deal can be linked to the third-party site is if everything specified in the deal title is only obtainable through the third-party site and not directly from the store.
- If the deal is linked to the store itself and you wish to link or mention your site, do so at the bottom of the deal description only. Aug 2021: If your third party site also contains an offer (e.g. increased cashback), you may also include it in the title.
- Do not check the 'I am a store representative' checkbox, or it will affect the posting limits for the actual store representatives on OzBargain.
- If your site has never been featured on OzBargain, you can request moderators to set it up as a third-party site and set you up as a representative of that site by submitting a request via TWAM. From then on, any posts that you make that contains a link in the description to your site will be automatically marked as 'Third Party'.
- Such deals are subject to posting limits determined by vote average of past 'Third Party' deals, which is the same as the store rep posting limits for the third-party site. To see your posting limits, click on 'My Account', then choose 'posts' in the secondary horizontal navigation bar. There should be a warning message at the top if you have already reached your limit.
- Any deals that you post without mentioning or linking to your third-party site are not subject to the posting limits.
- Do not ask or solicit users to subscribe to your OzBargain user profile or your OzBargain store profile (in your deal description or by any other means).
In addition to the usual Commenting Guidelines, some specific rules apply.
- Site operators can not post comments in deal or forum posts promoting their own site.
- Site operators can not post comments in deal or forum posts that contain affiliate or referral links.
- Site operators may, however, post direct, non-affiliated links to a store with the cheaper price.