As a bargain hunter I feel the need to get the best deal possible. Whether that be on a home appliance, an electronic, a can of tomatoes, chicken schnitzel whatever! But often I find myself doing the following:
- When someone tells me a good deal they found or a good special I think to myself…yeah right I could probably do better.
- Mum will say to me, Harris Scarfe/myer whatever have a BIG sale on at the moment maybe you could get your new manchester/home appliance there….I think gee, BIG sales, they are so fake and not as good as they used to be…
- I receive a present as a gift thinking….i hope they got a good deal, would probably have rathered cash…
- Alternatively I get a giftcard thinking….well a gift card isn't too bad, but often (insert business here) doesn't have very good specials which can make it difficult.
- I try to tell people about some good deals on various things but they don't seem to really take it in, possibly with the notion of if it looks too good to be true, it probably really isn't.
- Or tell them about a good deal but they don't have the cash handy to spend so they say they'll wait till they have the cash which is of course too late!
- Somebody organising an event eg paintball, drinks, dinner and I think…gee could have organised it somewhere better at a better price etc.
I feel all of these things on a weekly basis but try to tell myself…don't verbalise these feelings as you just come across as an arrogant cocky prick who isn't grateful which I do try to be!
Please share your thoughts on the above and any inner thoughts you might be feeling.