Currently apartment hunting in Melbourne and have found one that ticks all our boxes. It's an apartment that the developer has apparently been holding on to for his daughter who no longer needs it and the agent has offered it to us after we turned down a couple of other apartments in the same building. As he is in "no rush to sell it", there is a fixed price they are asking for and will only put together a contract if I express my interest.
- Despite it being a seemingly "non-negotiable" price, should I still put in a lower offer?
- Is it unwise to make an offer before they have even put together a contract? Is there some condition I can tell them to protect myself?