I'm in the market for a new headunit and has shortlisted my choice into this particular model. Was ready to pull the trigger last week for 500 odd but glad I've waited. This is their midrange model so please do your research if this is suitable for your need.
- Relatively new 2019 model
- Carplay/Android Auto
- Has CD slot and non-motorised head - less things can go wrong
- Upgraded audio chip
- Included reverse camera
Downsides, with my personal comment:
- Wired only Carplay/Android Auto: reports show that wireless CPAA is still not reliable and drains battery fast
- Resistive touch screen: reviews say that pioneer's resistive is really close to capacitive. Some people actually prefer resistive for headunit as it's more stable on bumpy roads
- No high res audio: I mainly use google play music, so kind of irrelevant for me
- Slow, almost unusable WebLink: I don't know if I'll ever use this app, guess we'll see
Will this fit my car?
You'll need fascia kit and adaptor cables. Go to Aerpro or Stinger website, search your car and get the product number. Search for that in eBay. Depending on your car, you might also need a special tool to remove the original radio. Youtube is your friend. Installing the rear camera will be a challenge, but still doable.