COSTCO Tyres - Ispwich QLD - Compensation?
Last edited 10/12/2019 - 09:46 by 1 other user
Long story short -
1) Wife got new tires at COSTCO
2) About a month later - one of the front tyres starts making a repetitive thudding noise - no flats etc
3) Took it into JAX which found the tyres nuts had been put on by hand / one of the wheels were about to fall off
Note) Both wife and I are not car savy…. I should have checked the nuts… thought it was wheel balance issues - I've learnt.
Edit: This could have cause real damage to the car or could have caused an accident. My wife probably wouldn't have noticed it, until it was too late and the wheel came off…
I'm about to write an angry email to COSTCO - What should I request? How do I make sure they don't do this again to anyone else?
1) JAX Guy (Yesterday when collecting car) : No other damage to car. Go complain, cause this shouldn't happen. No charge.
2) Emailed Costco Head office
3) Phone call this morning from Costco - "I'm sorry. This shouldn't have happened. We'll review surveillance video and get back to you. We'll make sure it doesn't happen again. We'll reimburse you for the Uber trips."
Lesson Learnt: Don't trust anyone. I'll move on and learn to check my own stuff.
47Compensation - Refund of full amount
41Compensation - Refund of partial amount
98No Compensation but apology
8Don't worry about complaining - Go straight to (insert authoritative body)
21Don't worry about complaining - such is life