I've been in the market for a good Carplay unit with decent audio and I found that Bankstown Audio has a Christmas Sale up for some great units with prices cheaper than I've seen on OzBargain. For those who enjoy configuration and want better sound the Kenwood is a fantastic headunit, otherwise the Sony XAV-AX3000 is a great Carplay unit that has been reviewed well on OzBargain previously.
- Sony XAV-AX3000 ($389 Del.): "Website: This went absolutely mental last time around, so we’ve put it back up to see how we can go. The Sony XAV-AX3000 Apple CarPlay and Android Auto unit with a free reverse camera and free shipping for $389!" Great head unit for those wanting Carplay with some decent Audio under $400 - https://www.bankstownsound.com.au/product/sony-xav-ax3000-an...
Apple CarPlay makes driving smarter
Android Auto™ gives you all the help you need
See and control everything on a sleek 17.6 cm diagonal (6.95 inch) touchscreen
Easy installation with a compact rear chassis
Quick wake up
Quick-access key panel
Three pre-outs let you expand your sound system
BLUETOOTH® wireless technology
Rear view camera ready
4 x 55W amplification for clear, powerful sound
Dynamic Stage Organiser creates virtual speakers on your dashboard
- Kenwood DMX8019S ($489 Del.): Great head unit with fantastic sound and configurability. This is the unit I'm getting. The Digital Timing alignment is nice since it syncs all your speakers to center the sound near the drivers head.
Wired Apple CarPlay
New GUI incl Widgets
7" Super Fine resistive touch screen
Bluetooth 3.0, HPF 1.6 High Quality
2 Phone Full Time Connectivity
5 Phone AD2P Connectivity
AAC Support (High Quality BT streaming)
Digital Time Alignment
3 x RCA Preout, 4V
13 Band EQ
Dual USB 1.5A Charging
Triple Camera Inputs
Direct OEM steering remote
Other deals that I can see:
- Kenwood DMX1025BT a Free Kenwood CMOS-130 Reverse Camera
- Pioneer AVH-Z2250BT and Free Pioneer RCAM2 Reverse Camera
- Multiple Blackvue deals with free Power Magic Pros
There's also a number of other Car Audio deals on the website and the above units include free Reverse Cams. Keep in mind installation can be between $100-$200 depending on your existing head unit and car make. Having used Bankstown before I can vouch that they're a great store with fantastic support. Always had a great experience when emailing them and received honest advice.