Looking for some advice on our current situation.
Some background Info;
- Wife and I both 30.
- Bought a house with approx $400K mortgage, house worth around $480k - been in almost 2 years.
- Have around $25-30K in savings.
- Currently have an offset account with the money sitting in it.
- Likely stay in our current property for 2-3 years prior to moving into a more 'long term homes.
- Live in Perth, WA.
- No huge expenses coming up (apart from something unforseen) bar the usual annual holidays etc.
- Should we consider buying an investment property with the savings we currently have?
- Likely a 1/2 bed place that's easy to rent?
- Seems the market is pretty low and possibly a good time to buy?
- Scrap this idea all together, any other advice?