Edit 3: Thank you guys. The other party's insurance resolved the case in my favour. I had asked for a review of their original decision. I got a call today morning. Thanks heaps
I was recently involved in a car accident. I have a 3rd party insurance.
I do no believe it is my fault, and hence my insurance company told me to deal directly with other driver's insurance company. I submitted my version and diagram letter and the dashcam footage.
- I was turning right on green arrow from Great Western Highway into Cumberland Highway.
- Other vehicle was travelling on Great Western Highway in opposite direction to me. It was intending to turn left into Cumberland Highway.
- Other vehicle had to obey the traffic sign "Turn Left at any time with care" and had to give way.
- I had the right of the way into Cumberland Highway. However, the other vehicle did not stop and crashed into my car.
- The front right side of the other vehicle crashed into the front left side of my car.
I am Car A in above diagram.
Now the other party's insurance has come back to me and tells me that they think I am at fault - when I do not think I am.
This is my first rodeo and I do not know what to do. My question to you fine gentlemen and ladies is:
1) Do you think I am at fault
2) How do I approach this? Do I stand firm with other party's insurance that I do not agree. Will I need to file a claim through the court (if you agree with my view that I am not at fault).
PS: I have the video footage, not sure if I can share the youtube link here, given it is an ongoing matter.
Edit: The video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSjTJfxkmas
Edit 2: Thank you all for your helpful comments and suggestions, specially on how to deal with this situation. I will have a chat with other party's insurance and see if we can resolve it amicably. If not, I will take up the escalation mechanism suggested by many of you, including either going to AFCa or going to the court of law.