Hi it's time to replace the router, and after a couple of hours reading about the choices, well I'm still not clear and wanted to ask some help and opinions from people who've been through the router replacement process recently and understand the choices on the market these now.
I have a smallish detached house with light usage, and I'm looking to spend probably under $200 bucks. I would prefer just a single router not a mesh, to keep radiation down and as my house is smallish should be fine with one good router, my current tp-link archer something has been fine so far usually, except sometimes flakey with dropouts or lower than usual speeds, which might be my isp or router.
I'm getting the internet into it by just plugging in the cable from the NBN box, in other words I don't need a modem, just a wireless router.
- a quality product that will work well without problems
- white in colour to match my home
- ideally stylish looks but as long as it's white it's okay
- mid level performance, 867 Mb or higher on 5Ghz .. it's also nice if it's even faster
- good control options, such as guest network, mac blacklisting, usage monitoring etc
I don't want
- any app to configure it - i just want to login to a web page on the router
- any cloud connected features, no alexa, no virus scanning from the cloud, no user account with the router company and no cloud features at all
- a chinese router such a xiaomi etc, or a entry level brand
Ubiquitu Unifi LITE-6 .. but it seems it has an app to control it, maybe cloud stuff and is a mesh system .. I like the visual style of this being unobtrusive
TP-Link Deco AC2200 .. similar issues to the ubiquiti
TP-Link Deco AC1200 .. might be good for my criteria?
Wavlink 1200 from here - https://www.amazon.com.au/WAVLINK-1200Mbps-Router-AC1200-Wir...
this wavlink actually seems pretty good for what i'm after but I would prefer a top tier brand if possible
TP-Link Archer C60 - https://www.amazon.com.au/TP-Link-Archer-C60-TP-link-Routers...
Seems to be too may TP-Links .. I'd possibly prefer ASUS or some other higher end brand?
Can anybody suggest good matches please, and also the reasons why you recommend a particular router? Thank you 😊
Thanks to everyone for their inputs and ideas!