Moderators at OzBargain are now running yearly polls to decide the best products in popular categories that get asked repeatedly in the forum. Our aim is to have a central thread where users can vote on the items, suggest options and also change their vote throughout the year. For more information on how these polls work, or if you want to suggest a new poll that isn't covered already, please refer to our announcement thread here.
What is the best Australian Transaction Account for 2021?
Transaction accounts are a basic day-to-day use account that everyone should have: It's an account you typically use to spend money with, such as paying for basic expenses and bills.
However, these accounts can attract fees in various different forms: such as
- Monthly account keeping fees
- ATM fees (for using an ATM that belongs to another bank). Many banks however, have now ditched local ATM fees.
- Phone, or Internet banking fees
- EFTPOS and Branch fees
- Foreign transaction fees and Overseas or International ATM access fees
Some of these accounts also offer it's members benefits, such as:
- Support for contactless Mobile payment platforms such as Apple or Android Pay
- Being able to earn some interest
- Joint accounts
- Fee-free money transfers to other banks
- Cashbacks, Discounts and other freebies from businesses that have partnerships with the Bank you're with.
Last year, most of you voted for Up Everyday account, followed by the ING Orange Everyday. Up won by a landslide of 207 votes.
How do I suggest products to What Should I Buy polls?
If you have a product that you would like to suggest for the poll (that is currently not in the Poll Options), you'll need to make a top-level comment (i.e. not replying someone else's comment) and fill up "Suggestions" text box just above your comment:
Do try to make a sensible suggestion (e.g making sure it's an actual transaction account) and include a brief argument as to why you would recommend the product, including what it's benefits are and current interest rate if possible.