Moderators at OzBargain are now running yearly polls to decide the best products in popular categories that get asked repeatedly in the forum. Our aim is to have a central thread where users can vote on the items, suggest options and also change their vote throughout the year. For more information on how these polls work, or if you want to suggest a new poll that isn't covered already, please refer to our announcement thread here.
What's the best value 34 to 35 inch ultra-widescreen monitor that you can buy in 2021?
There are some features to consider when buying an LCD
- Resolution. While 1080 FHD resolution still remains the standard or minimum resolution for LCD panels smaller than 27 inches, most users shopping for larger panels should generally opt for 1440p panels to maximise the amount of information that can be displayed on screen at once.
- Panel Type: IPS panels offer better viewing angles than VA or TN panels, but sometimes exhibit IPS glow (google image search for examples). VA panels offer better contrast ratio but with poorer viewing angles and noticeable ghosting effects on darker colours
- Backlight brightness and uniformity
- Whether or not the stands offer height adjustment, as well as pivot or tilt.
- Refresh rate (measured in Hz). Typical refresh rates range from the standard 60hz, 144hz and all the way up to 200hz.
- Real HDR or is it Quasi-HDR? HDR Labels are often stuck on monitors incorrectly and are often advertised when a monitor takes in a HDR input but the panels themselves rarely meet HDR certifications. See this article about fake HDR.
- Display curvature — measured by the radius the curve would deliver if it formed a complete circle. When measuring curved monitors, the value 'R' is used to indicate the curvature radius. For instance, a 4,000R curvature monitor would form a circle with a 4,000 mm radius, which is 4 meters. The smaller the 'R' value is, the higher the monitor’s curve.
- FreeSync or G-Sync Compatibility.
- Connectivity options such as Thunderbolt ports / USB-C ports that allow you to charge your tablet or laptop while using just one convenient cable that carries both data and power.
- Plus other exotic or unusual features like built in speakers, cheat crosshairs, picture-in-picture modes and RGB lighting.