I have been given $1800 of budget to purchase a computer for my personal use. I am contemplating if I should consider purchasing a Mac. I have never bought or used one before, so I have no personal experience of using one.
My use of the computer is going to be purely for normal day-to-day use, e.g., using MS Office applications, browsing, occasional streaming. I do not expect to do any heavy graphical or hardware intensive jobs. Few things:
- The purchase needs to be made in next 2-3 months. So I have a bit of time on hand.
- I am allowed to add money to this to purchase say a more expensive computer, but will be reimbursed for $1800 only
- Any money I do not use will need to be returned, hence I would like to purchase something close to the budget amount
- I have only used Windows laptops in the past
- I am also thinking of Microsoft Surface, which I have not had experience with previously.
Any suggestion and recommendations would be helpful.