With summer quickly approaching, it seems like a good time to do another OzBargain poll for the best face sunscreen under $20.
Last year we had the La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra-Light Fluid Facial Sunscreen SPF50+ as the winner even though it's one of the most expensive options. That product actually underwent a formula change recently. Will it still take the crown this year?
I've started the poll with some of the popular options from last year as well as a few new options. The product requirements for this poll will be the same as last year's poll:
- Under $20 (those that are under $20 only when on sale are ok)
- Suitable to be used on the face (but not necessarily for the face only)
- SPF 30 or more
- Available for purchase in Australia
Some considerations when choosing a sunscreen:
- Sun Protection factor
- Whether it is broad spectrum
- Types of filters - chemical (organic) vs physical (inorganic)
- Texture and finish - the less comfortable it is, the less likely you will want to use it every day, or put on the required amount
- Any white cast?
- Does it irritate or sting the eyes?
- Water-resistance for those who want a multi-purpose product.
- Does it interfere with make-up application?
The results are in: we have the same winners as in 2020. Thank you for voting!
First place: La Roche-Posay Anthelios Invisible Fluid Facial Sunscreen SPF 50+
Second place: Cancer Council SPF 50+ Day Wear Face Matte Invisible
Third place: Neutrogena SPF 50+ Ultra Sheer Fluid