Providing free calls to Ukraine and some surrounding countries
Woolworths Mobile wants to help where we can, and make it easier for our customers to stay in touch with friends and family by providing free calls to Ukraine.
Update: offer extended to the end of May, and extended to international roaming services.
From Tuesday 1st March 2022 until the end of May 2022, you can make free voice calls and SMS from Australia to all destinations in these countries: Ukraine, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Slovakia.
From Tuesday 8th March 2022 until the end of May 2022, you can use International roaming services in Ukraine and these surrounding countries for free: Ukraine, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia.
We’ll be waiving charges for calls and International Roaming to these countries until expiry, and will continue to monitor the situation.
Things you need to know:
- Keep in mind that calls to these regions may not always go through, due to potential infrastructure damage in the region.
- You will not see the free calls logged in call records via the Mobile app, My Account and Invoice. You will however see these in your phone usage.
- This applies to all Woolworths Mobile active services - Prepaid, Long Expiry, SIM Only and Phone Plans - even those without international call inclusions.
- International Calling is enabled by default. If it has been switched off, please Chat with Us so we can re-enable it.
- If you currently have a PAYG International & Other and make calls to any of the above countries, they will be free and won’t come out of your Add-on.
Note: I am not posting this in any official capacity and am not speaking on behalf of Woolworths Mobile. I am only posting this as a member of the OzBargain community. I'm happy to provide general information, but for account-specific support please visit https://mobile.woolworths.com.au/support