First year annual fee is waived for existing customer (via internet banking). Open a fee-free Complete Freedom account to become customer, but it would be better to wait for one week or so before applying for the credit card.
There's also a $40 cashback offer for new Complete Freedom Account before 31/03/2022: https://www.stgeorge.com.au/personal/bank-accounts/transacti...
- Score $25/month cashback~ on a Kayo Basic or Premium subscription for 12 months, plus:
- 100,000 bonus Amplify points which could be worth up to $450 in eGift cards<, when you spend $3k+ on eligible purchases within 90 days of new card approval*
- $29 card fee for the first year (saving $70)**
- 0% p.a. interest for 24 months on balance transfers#
- When requested at card application. 1% balance transfer fee applies if you make a balance transfer. The variable cash advance rate will apply after the promotional period.
- Offer not available if you’ve held a St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA rewards card in the last 12 months. New cards only. Must sign up by 30th June 2022. T&Cs apply.
Make sure you’re eligible to apply
- You’re aged 18 or over
- You have permanent residency in Australia/NZ OR;
- You’re a non-resident or migrant and hold an acceptable Visa, with a minimum 1 year before expiry
- You have a regular, verifiable Australian taxable income
- You have a fixed, verifiable residential address in Australia.