LGs RRP is $2,599, good luck with that LG - https://www.lg.com/au/it-monitors/lg-38wn95c-w
I have had this monitor for 6+ months hooked up to my Mac Studio (M2 Max) via the supplied Thunderbolt cable.
I also use it for WFH with my Windows laptop via HDMI, and it's wonderful for spreadsheets, and our stupid ERP system etc…
About this item
- Point 1 38 Inch Curved Ultrawide Monitor with WQHD+ 3840x1600 resolution display
- Point 2 Supports a DCI-P3 98 percent colour space that offers rich colour reproduction
- Point 3 VESA DisplayHDR 600, enabling dramatic visual immersion in the latest HDR games, movies and images.
- Point 4 The USB-C Compatible Thunderbolt 3 port allows you to simultaneously connect your screen to your laptop and charge at the same time
- Point 5 IPS 1ms, 144Hz, and G-SYNC Compatible - deliver great picture quality for gaming
- Point 6 Tilt, Height, Swivel Adjustable stand
- Point 7 3 Year Warranty (Parts and Labour)
For Mac users, because Apple are asshats that don't let you play nice with non Apple monitors nicely, I have installed two things to give me better control.
Lunar - https://lunar.fyi/ to have full control of the monitor as though it was a native mac monitor , eg brightness and audio controls. I went Pro because they deserve the payment for their work, and the extra functions can't hurt.
Font Smoothing - https://www.fontsmoothingadjuster.com/ to turn off font smoothing easily which is on by default and causes problems. (this can be done with a simple Terminal command too)