0jay » user profile

3 4
Member Since 24/07/2016
Last Seen Hidden
Location Melbourne

Recent Activities

Surprised a 3rd gen’d get Netflix or disney at all
19/06/2022 - 12:02
> the reward for doing so was higher Sure, very true. There were some devices that benefitted enormously though, the ATV 2 was one....
18/06/2022 - 15:13
I had a jailbreaked gen 2 that was just an incredibly capable unit, severely hobbled by stock firmware. I guess the gen 3 had more to...
18/06/2022 - 11:11
> the last time I used an ATV What iteration was the first ATV you mention?
18/06/2022 - 11:01
> no one in this comment thread talked about the old ATV That's incorrect - I did. You posted comparing the age of the CPUs of a 2017...
18/06/2022 - 10:25
> Isn’t the deal the latest 4K ATV? There was some discussion re other products and interface responsiveness. Someone kicked in on the...
18/06/2022 - 10:14
> Most people? Yeh I call BS on that too
18/06/2022 - 10:06
> 2015 chip vs 2018 chip I've got a v4 (HD) ATV. Uses an A8 from 2014, still nice and quick and plays anything I have a need for it to play...
18/06/2022 - 09:07
‘Virtually’s doing a lot of work there
15/06/2022 - 16:02
What’s this do that Preview (free with MacOS) doesn’t do? OCR’s the only feature I can see that Preview doesn’t have (which I...
13/06/2022 - 16:09
> zero issues with the physical integrity of mine after 18 months. No peeling or button issues, etc...The patina is uneven however and it's...
11/06/2022 - 21:43
Thanks, that’s disappointing. I got a used one for my XS and it’s amazing, had planned to spring full retail when I eventually upgrade...
11/06/2022 - 19:37
By age poorly you mean the patina looks bad or the leather detaches from the shell or something else…?
11/06/2022 - 17:50
> What’s the difference Beats get 6hrs to a charge v 4.5 to the Airpods
11/06/2022 - 10:47
> are they actually the same? As Wafflel notes below, Aus mandates insulated pins the Chinese version doesn't have
10/06/2022 - 17:21
Yeh not about charge speed so much as impact on the battery. Fact it's GaN 3 (ie latest technology) but they cheap out on PPS is just whack
10/06/2022 - 17:19
> places like Kogan have cheaper Ta for that, grabbed one
09/06/2022 - 13:36
Kind of incredible that there’s no listing for power consumption
09/06/2022 - 10:59
What’s the perks voucher? Edit: looks like spend $20 or more and get a $10 voucher
08/06/2022 - 13:25
That’s a great deal… almost worth braving the Circles it’s so good
08/06/2022 - 13:23
Think HPR10 is semi synth which makes it a blend. This is fully synth which theoretically means it would break down more slowly and retain...
04/06/2022 - 21:09
I live in a studio flat that has some design issues. The top bathroom door hinge has rusted through and light fittings are ready to drop....
04/06/2022 - 17:21
Yet they're more efficient/work more quickly than compressor units.
04/06/2022 - 13:20
Thanks, looks like around 450w I think I'll see if I can get by with adequate ventilation.
04/06/2022 - 11:20
How do they work? They're electrical *and* they use a desiccant material that needs replenishing?
04/06/2022 - 09:27
I didn't bring microfibre into the conversation, you did. Re going to the sink when my lens is blurry, tbh I make every effort not to touch...
01/06/2022 - 12:57
> rinse the thing you use for cleaning Sorry but you believed I was suggesting to rinse a disposable wipe? > what did you say this for To...
01/06/2022 - 12:43
> You said rinse with soap an water, rinse what? This is a post about a lens cleaning product, you can safely assume I'm talking about...
01/06/2022 - 12:18