- Forum includes information about contact lenses (find out how to get fitted for FREE! wow).
- Also, personal opinions on
howwhether the Aussie consumer is being ripped off by eyewear companies.
- Virtual try on glasses tool: https://www.framesdirect.com/landing/a/virtual-eyewear-try-on.html
Alphabetical list of online glasses AND contact lenses.
(info as extracted from thread above.)
- http://www.Ausspecs.com.au * (claimable under many Australian Health Funds)
(I had a slight prob with auspecs on an order, but they managed it well enough.. eventually)
- http://www.clearlycontacts.com.au * (2012-10-26 - can only claim from AHM, Aust Unity and NIB. MBP no longer recognises them)
- http://www.contactconnection.com.au (rep ‘AJones’ has posted in thread above)
- https://www.dresden.com.au/ (Australian-made plastic frames, claimable under many Australian Health Funds)
- http://www.glassesshop.com * (charge about $20 to post)
- http://www.mylens.com.au (Sydney based, competitive prices and health fund recognised receipts)
- http://www.netoptical.com.au * (great service and local, not as cheap)
- http://www.opsmdirect.com.au * (cheapest frames $100.. ouch)
- http://www.Quicklens.com.au * (seemingly very cheap, warehouse Singapore based it seems, can't claim from health fund)
- http://www.selectspecs.com * (Cheap, UK based by Hong Kong supplier so can't claim from health fund)
- http://www.Visiondirect.com * (competitive in bulk and massive company.. note: NOT visiondirect.com.AU)
- http://www.visiondirect.com.au (may be dubious. See thread above for more info. Hong Kong based.)
- http://www.zennioptical.com * (cheap price/quality but would buy again. came from Pakistan)
* = OzBargain member(s) successfully bought from it.
Reviewers may have heard of new or better stores.
Reviewers may report if a store is being dubious.
Reviewers may have exclusive coupon codes.. or just google for some.
Here are two reviewers:
http://www.eyeglassretailerreviews.com (left-hand panel has great info for quick comparison of stores)
http://www.glassyeyes.blogspot.com (good forum with lots of posts. good network.)
Site that compares some websites, provides info on contacts etc: http://www.cl66.org
Also consider a shopbot search for your contacts: http://www.shopbot.com.au
Here is the OzBargain thread for laser surgery
(please describe range/price/quality/service)
- http://www.econtactlenses.com.au - Australian owned and operated contact lens retailer with over 20 years experience in the optical industry. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service, competitive pricing and hassle free ordering. We stock contact lenses from all leading brands including coloured contact lenses at discount prices of up to 30% off RRP. All orders are shipped by Australia Post Express so you'll have your contact lenses delivered to you fast. We're also health fund approved, so you can claim with your health fund provider as soon as you have placed your order.
- AusSpecs - Australia's Cheapest Prescription Glasses Less Further 10% OzBargain Discount
Currently 15% http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/38859. “Also claimable under many health fund's”
- http://www.clearlycontacts.com.au/glasses – Australia's Largest Online Optical Store.
Designer Eyeglasses available online from $48, and this includes the lenses.
“The real difference with Clearly Contacts is that they sell real designer eyeglassses, not cheap junk.
They have brands like: Gucci, Dior, Armani, Nike, Lacoste, Fendi, Ray Ban and many more.”
- http://www.mylens.com.au up to 40% RRP on glasses and contact lenses. REALLY in Australia. We don't hide behind a PO box, we actually list our number and welcome your call! Health Fund approved invoices instantly emailed when you place your order. Great if you want to support an Aussie company! promocode OZBARGAIN gets you extra $10 off and free shipping until 31/01/13.
- http://www.yourcontacts.com.au for all brands of contact lenses heavily discounted. We are based in Brisbane, Australia so you can claim through your private health fund, and we can be contacted online or through our 1800 number. Orders are shipped via AusPost eParcel and can be tracked online. For free shipping use OZFREE until 30.12.2014.
Consider posting your concern in the forums run by this reviewer: http://www.glassyeyes.blogspot.com
Reviewer seems to have resolved issues for customers by contacting companies directly.
- StrawberryNET – The world's leading provider of discounted designer skin care, make-up, cosmetics, perfume and men's and women's fragrances. StrawberryNET.com has the largest supply of products from top brands such as Anna Sui, Bvlgari, Chanel, Dior and Estee Lauder. Enjoy quick and free shipping to anywhere in the world! StrawberryNET Australia
- SkincareStore – SkincareStore is the single online product source for all your skincare and beauty wishes. From leading anti-aging products to the most up to date and advanced skincare innovations, SkincareStore offers access to over 120 classic and emerging brands and 2000 products from around the world. Free Delivery!
- Essence of Wellbeing – Essence of wellbeing is a wholesale and retail supplier of quality aromatherapy products, essential oils, massage oils, pure natural skin care & baby care products, and aromatherapy accessories.
- OneScent – OneScent is a perfume wholesaler. Minimum buy 5 fragrances. Huge range. $16.50 minimum shipping cost. Does not require ABN for personal users. Save from $20 retail.
- Magic Perfume – Magic Perfume is a retail supplier of a wide range of perfumes. More than 9000 products.
- Cincotta Chemist – Online and has locations around Australia. $5.95 shipping up to 3KG.
For researching the best/cheapest cover for you, go to http://www.privatehealth.gov.au
There you can see simple printable info on all products the companies offer.
Also, go to their websites to see if they have any special deals.
It's very common for them to waive certain wait-times etc.
Also, keep in mind that July 1st after your 31st birthday, you'll be charged 2% more.
This grows each year.. making it more and more expensive to join (It's a government thing)
I found the non-profit GMHBA to be great service and price.
I use their bronze young singles package that's cheap because you get treated privately but in a normal public ward.
If you decide to go with them there are often referrer deals (ie we both may receive a $50 voucher)
So please so contact me if you decide on them and don't know anyone else in GMHBA. cheers, stitchy