Post-Poll Update: Thanks to everyone who has participated! We now have the top 3 charities voted from our community members, and the donation will be distributed according to the votes they have got:
|Fred Hollows Foundation||127||$5,902|
I will be arranging the donation and post an update here once it's done.
Donation Update: Final amount — $13,430. Please use the poll to vote your favourite charity.
It's that time of the year again! We donated last year, and again just before Christmas. For the end of this financial year, OzBargain will again donate $10,000 to charities in Australia — and you guys are going to help us to decide which one to donate to. Do use last Christmas' list as a guide on which charities in Australia have minimum administrative cost, as we do prefer to give to those that put majority of donations to good causes.
However, there's more! For every unique commenter here (of published comments), I would be adding an extra $10 to the donation, until mid-night this Sunday 9th of June (or until my accountant calls in to cut this short :) So, if there are 100 people commenting in this thread, I'll be adding an extra $1,000 to the donation. Or an extra $2,500 if there are 250 people comment here (to the total of $12,500).
Do note that
- Creating multiple accounts on OzBargain is against our terms and conditions, and might get your accounts banned.
- Posting spam, personal attacks and trolling comments might get your comment removed (your account might be temporarily banned as well). Unpublished comments don't count towards the tally.
- DONE. Until Sunday 9 June, comment and suggest the charity that OzBargain should be donating to this year.
- DONE. We'll finalise the amount (after counting the unique commenters), and then put up a poll for people to vote.
- DONE. Voting will stop on 16 June. The top 3 charities will receive their portion of donation in proportion to the number of votes they get.
- DONE OzBargain will then donate to these charity organisations the following week.