I'm looking for people with more experience with high end mechs to give their opinion on Kogan keyboards, specifically on how they achieved that $35 price point and what I would miss out on vs high end mechs. I'm mostly interested in the latest iteration, not the older ones with Cherry switches + detachable cable.
What I already know:
- Non detachable cable.
- RGB isn't as customisable as other boards (doesn't really matter as I usually prefer a simple white).
- Keycaps are ABS, but they've somehow managed to squeeze in doubleshot injection molding.
- Outemu switches (I've tried 1 board with Outemu switches, I think they're a perfectly reasonable substitute).
What I suspect and need confirmation on:
- The feet are of poor quality and/or are not rubber tipped (not really an issue since positive angle is unergonomic).
- Stabilisers are likely to be poorly lubed out of the factory.
- Likely to be more keycap wobble.
- Poor aftermarket support if any issues arise within the warranty period.
I've tried asking on /r/MechanicalKeyboards, but there don't seem to be many Australians on there (or at least, Australians willing to dip low enough to buy something like this).
I'm looking for objective advice. Anything I haven't mentioned you feel is worth raising is welcome too. I'm interested in specifics, not a general overview.