TL;DR: paid through paypal,seller sent fake item through tracking number, I lodge a case, paypal denied the case since the item(not the one i was expecting but a dodgy) got delivered.
I purchased a laser engraving machine from a shop 2 months ago, paid $70 Paypal.
I suspected that it may be dodgy but I though since it I pay through paypay, I don't need to worry about any fraud, and I purchased it
- Received an order confirmation email with their website link etc.
- Received the tracking number.
- Few days later, their websites were offline, I sent few emails but there was no response.
- I raised a case through paypal resolution center.
- Seller submitted the tracking number and Paypal denied my case, and favored the seller as the tracking details were showing that the item got delivered to my address 2 weeks ago.
BUT HERE IS A CATCH:
- We had received an unwanted (small kid ring) through international parcel, around the same time. We didn't purchase this ring at all.
- I am sure that the seller had sent a dodgy item using tracking number, instead of sending the engraving machine.
But paypal is not checking this details and have denied my case/refund.
This means, If i purchase iphone using paypal and seller sends a soap instead with a tracking details, The seller can still getaway by saying that the item got delivered to my place…
Do you have any thoughts on how I can get money back?