Preventative maintenance :) Best part is they come to you. Nice when you already pay for NRMA membership to get an extra service instead of just when things go wrong.
Just got mine done. Really good, the guy knew his stuff and now I have some idea of how much my next service/pink slip fixes will be and can plan ahead to save costs (maybe get some parts myself).
Just ring them and book in a time.
What you get:
- Test your vehicle’s battery condition, battery charge rate and starter motor operation with a print out of test results.
- Check tyre pressure, condition and tread depth to make sure they’re road worthy.
- Check fluids levels under bonnet including engine oil, coolant and windscreen washer reservoir.
Inspect windscreen for chips or cracks.
- Check the condition and operation of windscreen wipers.
- Ensure fuel and temperature gauges are operating correctly.
- Make sure all lights and indicators are working correctly.
- Visually check your fan/drive belt for signs of wear.
- Visually inspect all hoses and pipes for leaks and wear.
For people who can't do all that themselves, or don't have the time to.