OzBargain Treasure Hunt 2021 Has Finished! See this comment on what to do if you have won a prize.
OzBargain Treasure Hunt is Back! For those who have done it before — you know the drill. TL;DR
- Hunt starts at 12PM AEST on Wednesday 23 June 2021.
- Hunt finishes at 10AM AEST on Friday 25 June 2021.
- Around $10,000 worth of prizes will be given away to OzBargain members.
For those who aren't familiar with the OzBargain Treasure Hunt, it's a site-wide event that we run (almost) every year since 2015. The format hasn't really changed much, so here is just the instruction from last year's hunt. Basically various prizes will pop up on the site throughout the day during the hunt. You'll need to do a bit of scrolling as they pops up in the middle of the page. Here's an example:
There are quite a few factors that determine whether a prize pops up on the current page or not.
- Each prize has a probability
- Each prize also has a starting time
- Some prizes only appear on certain pages — more on that later.
When a prize pops up on a page, it won't stay there forever. The "Click to Reveal" banner will disappear after 20 seconds without interaction. However after you click on the prize, it will reveal what the prize is and allow you to claim it.
After you have claimed the prize, it will be added to your inventory, which is available on the Marketplace page (that page will be enabled 2 hours before the hunt starts). Marketplace would be very important in the later part of the hunt. You can add at most 4 items to your inventory — prizes basically would stop popping up on OzBargain once your inventory is full.
On the Marketplace page, you can
- See what prizes you have in your inventory.
- Drop prizes to vacate your inventory. Dropped prize will be back to the wild, ready to be picked up by other OzBargainers.
- Put your prizes on the marketplace for trading.
- See what prizes other users have put on the marketplace.
- Request / Accept / Reject trades.
Trading is important because many prizes come in multiple parts — and you can only claim the final prize when you have collected all the parts!
Feel free to use private messages or this forum to organise trades.
Here is a list of prizes for the OzBargain Treasure Hunt 2021. There will be lots of Prezzee Gift Cards where you can exchange with merchants' gift cards to be spent online or instore. There will also be some OzBargain T-shirts from last year's competition. Moreover there are also OzBargain hoodies to be won — collect them all to complete your OzBargain lifestyle.
Finally the grand prizes — OzBargain will be giving away some Next Gen game consoles, i.e. Sony PlayStation 5 (disc and digital edition), Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. Do note that for PS5 and XSX — I might not be able to deliver those straight away, but rather a promise that OzBargain will get the winners a console sometime this year, as hunting them down at RRP can be difficult.
Since Automotive forum has been OzBargain's most popular forum with all the insurance and car accident advice requests, I thought we'll give away some car related prizes as well — Supercars — Bugatti Chiron, Lamborghini Sian and a few others. In LEGO though.
Here is the list:
- 50x Prezzee eGift Card $25
- 20x Prezzee eGift Card $50
- 10x Prezzee eGift Card $100 (2 parts)
- 50x OzBargain T-shirt
- 50x OzBargain Hoodie
- PlayStation 5 (3 parts)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition (3 parts)
- Xbox Series X (3 parts)
- Xbox Series S (3 parts)
- LEGO 42083 Bugatti Chiron (3 parts)
- LEGO 42115 Lamborghini Sian FKP 37 (3 parts)
- LEGO 24110 Land Rover Defender (3 parts)
- LEGO 10252 Volkswagen Beetle (3 parts)
- LEGO 42096 Technic Porsche 911 RSR (3 parts)
- LEGO 42107 Technic Ducati Panigale V4 R (2 parts)
For multi-part prizes, usually the last part would be more rare. For example there will be 3x PlayStation 5 Part 1 & 3x PlayStation 5 Part 2 in the wild during the hunt, but there will only be one Part 3, as there will only be one prize. And for game consoles & LEGO set, the final part will be hidden on specific pages on OzBargain, which the hint will be revealed at set hours on 24 June.
Official starting time for OzBargain EoFY 2021 Treasure Hunt is Wednesday 23 June 2021 at 12:00PM, and will conclude at Friday 25 June 2020 at 10:00AM. Most prizes will be released before the evening of Thursday 24 June, but and the extra time will allow trading to take place.
Here's the schedule.
Wednesday 23 June
- 12PM: Start the hunt!
Thursday 24 June
- 9AM: Hint for LEGO 42107 Technic Ducati Panigale V4 R
- 10AM: Hint for LEGO 42096 Technic Porsche 911 RSR
- 11AM: Hint for LEGO 10252 Volkswagen Beetle
- 12PM: Hint for Xbox Series S
- 1PM: Hint for LEGO 24110 Land Rover Defender
- 2PM: Hint for PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
- 3PM: Hint for LEGO 42115 Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- 4PM: Hint for Xbox Series X
- 5PM: Hint for LEGO 42083 Bugatti Chiron
- 6PM: Hint for PlayStation 5
Friday 25 June
- 10AM: Finish!
After the hunt finishes, those with prizes will be presented with a form on the Marketplace page for filling out the delivery details.
OzBargain Treasure Hunt is open to OzBargain members, and
- You are not currently in penalty box
- Your account was created before this post. I am blocking new accounts from accessing the treasure hunt to stop people creating multiple accounts to game the system.
Also any attempt of scripting / gaming the system would result your account(s) banned.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is adblocker okay?
Yes, prizes will still show up when you use adblocker on OzBargain.
Q: Is mobile okay?
Yes, mobile browsers should not have any issue.
Q: Is dark mode okay?
Q: Where do the prizes pop up?
Most will pop up on random pages throughout the OzBargain website.
- OzBargain front page
- OzBargain new deals page
- Individual page for deals (including expired), competitions or forum topics. They need to have 10 or more comments (to make the page long enough).
It will always be below the fold, i.e. requiring you to scroll down at least one full page. It pops up when the page is loaded, but will disappear after 20 seconds. Whether a prize will popup on a page is governed by probability — most prizes have low probability (0.5% to 1%) of chance popping up on a page. Some prizes have high probability but will only appear on specific pages. Please see "Timeline" above for those scheduled drops and hints on their locations.
Q: I am getting error "This item has already been claimed" when I try to click on Claim This button! What's going on?
A prize can simultaneously pop up on many ozbargainers' browsers, but only the first person clicking on "Claim This" will actually add the prize to his/her inventory. Others will get the error message after clicking on "Claim This" button. It's like multiple people can simultaneous spot a $50 notes on the floor, but only the first person who takes the action to pick it up can claim it.