Sell us your pre-loved IKEA furniture
We're all feeling the pinch of living at the moment, so there's no better time to get cleverer with our resources. Let's clean up and refresh your home ready for the new year. Sell your pre-loved furniture back to us and we’ll make sure it gets a second chance at life. In exchange, you get an IKEA refund card, ready to use on something you need now.
Better yet, IKEA Family members earn 50% on the Buy-back value from 13 November – 22 December.
How IKEA Buy-back works
- Determine what you want to resell. Only unmodified, completely assembled second hand IKEA furniture is accepted for buyback. Refer to the lists of eligible/ineligible products below. For ineligible items, consider reuse, donation, selling via online marketplaces or recycling.
- Use the buy-back estimator tool. Find what IKEA furniture you’re interested in selling and tell us its condition. You’ll get an estimate of what IKEA will pay to buy back your furniture.
- Make sure your furniture is clean and assembled, ready for its new home. Bring it and your estimate to the Exchange and Returns section of your nearest IKEA store.
- Pat yourself on the back. You’re helping us prolong product life, promote second hand furniture and waste less. Thanks for contributing to making IKEA more circular and to becoming people and planet positive!
- Your IKEA Refund card can be used in any Australian IKEA store, or on IKEA.com.au. Your refund card is valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
We are looking for…
- Unmodified, completely assembled, clean IKEA products
- Chest of drawers
- Office chairs and desks
- Bedside tables
- Display cabinets
- Bookcases and shelf units
- Sofas and armchairs
- Office storage
- TV benches
- Dining tables and chairs