Classifieds a place for selling, giving away or swapping your excess personal items and also to indicate interest in obtaining items. Moderators reserve the right to unpublish listings that are deemed inappropriate.
- Classifieds are strictly for personal use between members only. If you are a business and you have a good bargain to promote, please post them as deals.
- No referral solicitation or offering personal services/purchasing on behalf of others. No listing of items obtained solely with the intent of reselling on classifieds (including gift cards or credit card statement offers). Gift cards in large quantities, amounts or repeatedly listed by the same poster are not permitted.
- Banned Items & alcohol sales are not allowed.
- Warning: Please note that buying or selling Qantas & Virgin points can lead to the suspension of your Frequent Flyer account(s) and/or the loss of points.
- Before posting, you must enable private messaging so that other members can communicate with you privately.
- Only memberships older than 1 year are allowed to post in the classifieds area. There are NO exceptions to this requirement so please do not contact moderators. (Update 8 Feb 2019: Memberships that are less than a year old that have posted a deal more than 6 weeks ago are no longer allowed to post in the classifieds area)
- Please be descriptive about the item in question, in the same way that you would have listed them on eBay. Please include the price, detailed description and condition of the item, location of the item, payment and delivery methods and other helpful information.
- Feel free to use the File Uploader to upload images of your items and then use the link in the URL field. You can do so by clicking on 'My Account' on the top menu, then 'files' in the second level menu.
- Update your post if you are no longer seeking buyers or sellers - for example, once the item has been sold, please mark your item as sold. There is 'mark as…' link for every type of classified post.
- You may re-post the same item in a new listing 1 month after the initial post. If the same item is re-posted earlier, it will be unpublished as a duplicate even if the price or quantity has changed.
- Note that classifieds listings are automatically marked as 'expired' after 60 days if they have not been sold/swapped/found.
- Users are limited to 1 classified post every 24 hours or 2 classifieds posts every 7 days.
- OzBargain does not protect the seller nor the buyer but just acts as a market place so please beware the potential risk dealing with other members here.
- OzBargain takes no responsibility for the condition of physical goods, failed deliveries or financial transactions, and will not be involved in any disputes that occur.
- OzBargain is a website for bargain hunters with a savvy user base. It may be more profitable to sell your item on eBay/Gumtree.
Please see this thread for discussion about selling or swapping on OzBargain.