Classifieds is a benefit for long term members to sell, give away or swap your excess personal items, or express interest in obtaining items. Moderators reserve the right to unpublish listings that are deemed inappropriate.
Classifieds are strictly for personal use between members only. If you are a business and you have a good bargain to promote, please post them as deals.
Major Update 15/6/22: See the following sections for what can and can't be posted:
- Credit card statement offers or benefits (including travel credit). Wanted posts ARE permitted.
- Items not in your possession, or scalping (buying any item, with the intent to resell for profit).
- Therapeutic goods (Such as paracetamol, rapid antigen tests, masks or hand sanitiser).
- Reward/Frequent Flyer points.
- Travel credit for cancelled flights/refunds or similar (state the expiry date & exact $ amount in your post).
- Gift cards (in possession) that are unwanted (not purchased to resell).
Warning: Buying or selling of airline points can lead to the suspension of your Frequent Flyer account(s) and/or the loss of points.
- Before posting, you must enable private messaging so that other members can communicate with you privately.
- Only memberships older than 1 year are allowed to post in the classifieds area. There are NO exceptions to this requirement so please do not contact moderators to ask for an exemption.
- Be descriptive about the item in question. Include the price, description, the condition, location, payment options, delivery methods and all other relevant information.
- You may use the File Uploader to upload images of your items, then link them in the URL field. You can do so by clicking on 'My Account' on the top menu, then 'files' in the second level menu.
- Please mark the post as sold / swapped / found if the item is no longer available, you have found the item or you have decided not to continue with the classified request. Classifieds posts won't be unpublished.
- Do not repost the same item, less than 1 month after the initial post, even if the price, quantity or terms have changed.
- Update your post if you are no longer seeking buyers or sellers - for example, once the item has been sold, please mark your item as sold. There is 'mark as…'
- Note that classifieds listings are automatically marked as 'expired' after 60 days, if they have not been sold/swapped/found.
- Users are limited to 1 classified post every 24 hours or 2 classifieds posts every 7 days. There is no exception to this.
- OzBargain does not offer buyer or seller protection, OzBargain acts as a market place, please beware of the risk and do not proceed if you don't feel comfortable.
- OzBargain takes no responsibility for the condition of physical goods, failed deliveries or financial transactions. OzBargain will not be involved in any disputes that occur.
- OzBargain is a website for bargain hunters with a savvy user base. It may be more profitable to sell your item on eBay/Gumtree.
Please see this thread for discussion about selling or swapping on OzBargain.