I've been looking for a good axe recently, this one is very highly rated (#1 selling axe on amazon and good reviews for durability and its splitting ability),
$129 at Bunnings but Amazon willl ship it here for $75US, under $80AUD. The 36-inch axe is rather long, but is good for splitting tough logs.
- Our ergonomic design distributes much of the weight at the axe head to provide superior balance for faster and more accurate splitting with less effort
- Exceptional control for faster and safer splitting and chopping
- Unique head shape disperses wood from the blade for clean splitting
- Hardened forged steel blade stays sharp longer than traditional axes
- Non-stick blade coating powers through wood and prevents head from getting stuck
The smaller axes are also not bad deals:
14-inch Hatchet $40 deliivered ($65 at Bunnings):
By the way: I checked on a couple of whirlpool forums and axes are allowed in by customs.