Got this in my email today. Macquarie Hilton Hhonors Platinum Visa at reduced annual fee of $99 (usually $295).
- 40,000 Hilton Hhonors points for spending before 31/12/15 (should be able to get a free hotel night out of this - or up to 8 nights at Category 1 hotels!)
- One reward weekend night certificate for $2,000 spend in first 3 months
- Another reward weekend night certificate on anniversary for $12,000 spend in the year
- Instant Hilton Hhonors Gold Status (arguably the best mid-tier hotel status)
- Diamond status for $40,000 spend (probably not worthwhile)
- 9 month 0% balance transfer
- Earn 1 Hhonor point per $ spend, or 4 points per $ spend at Hilton properties
IMO, this is not an everyday spend card. 1 Hhonor point per $ is garbage. Get it for the points, the free night and Gold status. Then cancel after a year.