expired AmEx Platinum Charge Card - $1450 Annual Fee - 120,000 MR Ascent Premium Points + Free Platinum Reserve + $450 Travel Credit
Not a small Annual Fee hence not the card for everyone, but some may find value especially in the first year with the hefty bonus.
Receive up to 120,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you apply by 30 August 2018 meet the minimum spend criteria – that’s 40,000 points for each month you spend $1,500 in the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
Increased annual fee from $1200 before, but increased travel credit from $300 to $450, and some added benefits.
Some example of good uses for 120,000 points.
- Return ticket to SE Asia with Singapore Airlines business class
- Return ticket to Hong Kong with Virgin Australia business class
- One way ticket to Europe with Singapore airlines business class
Some of the card's benefits:
- Great transfer rates (1:1 for most airlines) - Qantas, Virgin, Singapore, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Etihad, Thai, to name a few.
- $450 travel credit to use at Amex Travel.
- Free Companion Card of Reserve Platinum Card - $400 travel voucher for free.
- Free Priority Pass for you and 1 supplementary cardholder, which you can take 1 guest in each (valued at US$399 each)
- Gold Status with SPG, Hilton, Shangri-La, Radisson
- Complimentary Accor Plus membership valued at $395 per year. With over 800 hotels in 18 countries across the Asia Pacific Region, Accor Plus enables you to stay and experience more destinations than ever before. Free complimentary night at participating Accor hotel each year.
- Insurances - Travel, Rental Car, Roadside assist.
- Earn 3 points per $1 spent at restaurants in Australia
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on airlines, accommodation and spend in foreign currency
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on everything else, except those in the 0.5 points category
- Earn 0.5 points per $1 spent on utilities, telecommunications companies, non American Express provided insurance and government bodies
Big benefits, useful for those who travel a lot and can make use of the benefits that come with the card.
Edit: Referral links now show 120,000 bonus, for those who wish to apply using a referral to help a fellow ozbargainer.
- For those who hold an Explorer card or some other cards, you may still be able to refer the Platinum card, referrer and referee still gets their bonus points.