Amex has launched an increased sign-up offer for the Amex Velocity Platinum Card of 90,000 bonus Velocity Points. This is a "partner exclusive" offer that you can only get through Amex's network of partners, including us.
This offer isn’t available through any other channel, including if you go to Amex directly or use a referral link (the offer there remains 75k bonus points).
The 90k offer is now live and ends on 14 November 2018.
While we’ve seen 100k points offered with this card in the past, our sense is that 100k won’t be repeated any time soon. 90k points is still excellent: it’s enough to fly to Asia or the USA in economy return, for example (we give more examples in our article).
This is Amex’s top Velocity card and benefits include:
- a complimentary Virgin Australia domestic economy return flight between selected cities each year (the list of eligible routes is on our website)
- earn 1.5 Velocity Points per dollar spent on everyday purchases – the highest Velocity Points earn rate in Australia
- 2 Virgin Australia and 2 American Express lounge entries each year
- earn 100 Velocity Status Credits when you spend $50,000 in a year
- complimentary domestic and overseas travel insurance
- up to 4 complimentary additional cards for family members.
Minimum income: $65,000 per annum
Minimum spend: $3,000 within the first 3 months
Annual fee: $375
To be eligible for the bonus points, you must not have held a credit card issued directly by Amex Australia in the last 18 months. Note that you are eligible if you’ve held an Amex card issued by a bank, a David Jones Amex Card, or if you're an additional cardholder on someone else’s primary card account (including a corporate account).
This offer is only available through Amex partners like us (and not by going to Amex directly or using a referral link) until 14 November 2018.