I thought I’d put out a list of things I do to help save money and see what other people out there do too:
- ask for a better deal on service providers once per year (NBN, electricity, gas, phone)
- use the energy compare website when considering other providers (receive the $50 bonus)
- ask for a reduced interest rate from my bank at least once a year
- refinance with banks willing to be more competitive or offer cashback incentives
- use prepaid mobile as they provide better conditions for a lower price in most cases
- participate in focus groups
- purchase only on sale items in grocery shop and let that decide what I’ll cook
- buy generics. use things like ‘disposable’ razors instead of ‘non disposable’. The only main difference I notice is price
- load up on non expiry items when they are on sale eg deodorant
- put everything on my loan offset or redraw. Put some extra in ETF and super
- bargain and use coupons/promo codes whenever possible
- use this website
There’s probably others but this is what I can think of at the moment.
Interested to hear any other ideas or to hear if anyone else is weird like me.