StarHub (Singapore) SIM Card $15 SGD/ $14.17AUD; 2.4GB/30 Day Japan, Skorea, US, UK, HK, Aus, NZ, Thailand, Taiwan, Indo, China+
Last edited 10/08/2017 - 13:31 by 2 other users
Same deal as before, but now works in Japan, South Korea, Philippines, NZ.
This SIM is only sold in Singapore/on-board Jetstar flights but roams to many different countries. This works super well with Jetstar trips that stop by Singapore because you can buy the SIMs onboard; they include a free hot drink!
Alternatively you can but these at the Singapore airport at the UOB money exchange counters.
This SIM is positively awesome for a SE Asia trip! You can use whatever data you have left back home too!
Starhub has LTE/4G roaming, I tested this in Indonesia/Hong Kong; also gives unrestricted Internet access in mainland China without VPN (eg Google Maps, Gmail etc)
- $15 SGD with $18 of credit
- $32 SGD with $32 of credit, 15GB/10 day local data, 2GB/10 day int'l data
- $50 SGD with $50 of credit, 15GB/10 day local data, 5GB/10 day int'l data (UOB only)
Spend credit on:
- 1GB/ 3 days $5
- 1GB/ 7 days $7
- 1.2GB/30 days $10
- 2.4GB/30 days $15
- 3.6GB/30 days $20
For example, you can buy a $32 SIM which includes 2GB int'l, then spend the credit on 2 x 2.4GB data packs for a total of 6.4GB of int'l data over ~ 70 days
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
How to use
You need to have bought a valid domestic (Singaporean) data plan before and activate Happy Roam by (star)123(star)333#. Your APN needs to be switched to 'shppd'.
- Roaming partners and additional information available in the link.
- Cannot be combined with the Changi Airport $40 voucher
- Recharge will last for 180 days so to keep this SIM alive you just need to topup once every 6 month and you can use it every time you travel to those countries. Credit also rollover on recharge. Able to be recharged with Aussie CC.