expired ThinkPad E485 (14"FHD/Ryzen 5/8GB/256GB) $799; E585 (15.6"FHD/Ryzen 5/8GB/256GB) $849 (Stacks With 12% CB ShopBack) @ Lenovo AU
Last edited 22/02/2019 - 10:23 by 2 other users
What makes it a deal is ShopBack AU's increased cashback rate of 15% (ends 19 Feb 11.59PM AEDT, according to received email), on top of the routine 5% off (ends 21 Feb) from "AMD5" code by Lenovo. (Tracking speed: 2 DAYS. Claim time: 75 DAYS) (Messaged ShopBack AU rep to confirm if the cashback applies to the AMD5 code deal, pending response. Will update.)
EDIT(19/02): confirmed with ShopBack AU that the code and deal qualifies for the increased 15% cashback, and the code is now listed on ShopBack AU too. Go to this link: https://www.shopback.com.au/lenovo , to ShopBack AU's Lenovo AU landing page, which you'll can access the Thinkpad webpages by accessing via "Get Deal"
EDIT(20/02): Cashback rate is now "lower" but still at 12%. Prices updated.
Make sure the last click before purchase is from ShopBack AU. The winning affiliate is always the one that receives the last click. Also, please turn off any AdBlock/uBlock/Ghostery as well as Safari (mobile and/or desktop) Cross-Site Tracking.
Happy shopping. =)
Thinkpad E485 (https://www.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-edge/...)
14" IPS FHD, Ryzen 5 2500U, 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4, 256GB NVMe.
$799, 15% of GST-excluded price is $108.95, so:
$690.05 after ShopBack AU 15% cashbackno longer available
$711.84 after ShopBack AU 12% cashback
Thinkpad E585 (https://www.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-edge/...)
15.6" IPS FHD, Ryzen 5 2500U, 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4, 256GB NVMe.
$849, 15% of GST-excluded price is $115.77, so:
$733.23 after ShopBack AU 15% cashbackno longer available
$756.39 after ShopBack AU 12% cashback
256GB is generally sufficient for most people as the system main drive, and the device comes with an internal 2.5" 7mm SATA bay. So for better value, install your own SATA SSD or HDD.
Memory upgrades (see previous deal for more detailed comments)
- If 8GB is sufficient for you —> get 4GBx2 config (included in price)
- But if you want/will use more —> get 8GBx1 config (included in price), then buy a RAM stick separately (Lenovo's prices are exorbitant)
- If 8GB is sufficient at the moment, but want to upgrade later/when needed, and happy with lower performance in the meanwhile (enough for general office, browsing and media usage, but not gaming) —> get 8GBx1 config and get RAM when you need it.
Newegg's 8GB DDR4 2400MHz SODIMM RAM single stick prices: https://www.newegg.com/global/au-en/Product/ProductList.aspx... (remember to sort by Lowest Price)
For the Thinkpad E585 (https://www.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-edge/...), some may find the $100 upgrade to Ryzen 7 worthwhile, due to slightly the larger 15" form factor (compared to smaller 14"). The Ryzen 7 may have slightly better headroom to not be throttled as much in the 15" (than the 14" chasis) and may provide better overall performance.
Taking up the $100 upgrade will bump the price to $949, so after
15%12% cashback it'll be $819.60$845.48 for 15.6" IPS FHD, Ryzen 7 2700U, 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4, 256GB NVMe.
- AMD Ryzen™ 5 2500U Quad-Core (4 Cores 8 Threads, 2 GHz base frequency, 3.6 GHz boost)
- Integrated AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics
- 14.0" FHD IPS (1920x1080) AntiGlare Display
- 8GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
- 256GB Solid State Drive PCIe OPAL2.0 M.2 2242
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- WiFi Qualcomm QCNFA435AC, 1x1 + Bluetooth 4.1
- Internal 2.5" bay (7mm) available for storage expansion. (See this comment here for a video link that shows how to access the internal 2.5 SATA3 bay)
- 2 x USB 3.1 (1 x AlwaysOn), 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 1x HDMI, Ethernet (RJ45), MicroSD, Combo audio/mic jack
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 329 x 242 x 21.9 mm
- Starting at 1.75 kg
- 45W 3-pin USB-C AC Power Adaptor
Thinkpad E585 shares same basic spec as above, except for:
- ($100 upgrade to Ryzen™ 7 2700U, 4 Cores 8 Threads, 2.2 GHz base frequency, 3.8 GHz boost)
- (Integrated AMD Radeon™ Vega 10 for Ryzen 7 2700U)
- 15.6" FHD IPS (1920x1080) AntiGlare Display
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 369 x 252 x 19.95 mm
- Starting at 2.1 kg