Decent price for 10TB. White labelled and drive will be filled with Helium (mod note: see footnote)1 and won't be a Red inside, not SMR. May require tape mod.
For those putting it into a PC you may need to tape over the 3.3V pin (refer to https://imgur.com/a/BFdmB).
As this is coming from the UK (it will not come with an AU plug) so you will need to contact Western Digital
- Sign Up for a Western Digital account (if you do not have one)
- Once signed into the site go to https://support-en.wd.com/app/account/profile or just click "Update your Profile"
- Fill in all the relevant fields like your address, then register your new WD 10TB drive "Register a New Product" you will find the information as a sticker on the rear of the external drive case
- Then create a "New Support Incident" and then select the following options
|Product Type||Other WD Products|
|Operating System||Windows 10|
|Category||Warranty & Replacement|
|Serial Number||[Enter this info found on the sticker near the rear of your external HDD drive case]|
|Firmware Version||[Leave Blank]|
|Summary||Require Correct Power Adapter|
|Description||Hello, I recently purchased the WD 10TB Elements Desktop External HDD through Amazon.com.au however the item came with a UK type power adapter. Could you I please receive an AU type adapter for this drive. Thank you. My Address Information: [List your address]|
- Western Digital support are really good at responding to your enquiries and will send out the correct power adapter for free but expect a longer wait time due to COVID-19. I know pre-COVID it was delivered within 10-14 days.