I think this community may be able to help me with some ideas for a new initiative of mine. I have been trying to virtually eliminate my gas/electricity spend lately and am trying to come up with innovative ways to keep my power bills as low as possible.
Here are the things I have implemented so far
- I have 2 power banks I rotate and charge in my apartment complex garage. I use these to keep my phone powered
- I don’t use any traditional in-built ceiling lights. I have a few solar camping lanterns I use as my primary light source
- I only use cold water for bathing, washing etc.
- I do not use any heating or cooling
- I don’t do any cooking, only eat cold things. Predominately canned tuna & salads. I also have been making a no bake protein slice (peanut butter, rolled oats, canned black beans) which has been cost effective high calorie food
- For all my internet and entertainment I only use my phone, which as mentioned above is charged from the power banks
It really just leaves me with my fridge as my only source of power draw. Does anyone have any innovative ideas on how to keep things cold without powering a fridge? Obviously I do not need refrigeration for my tuna. However, my salad ingredients last longer cooled and my protein slice requires cooling for it to set properly.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.