Don't know why this high end Z170 motherboard is so cheap like the Z170 entry level ones. According to staticice, cheapest is $285!! Just picked up one myself today at clayton msy. Few highlights / reasons why I pick this:
- a handy USB3.1 front panel, both type A and C
- 12 Power Phase design for overclocking
- three monitors support, two can go up to 4K resolution for future monitors
- m.2 and sata express
- dual bios
- multi GPUs support, both nvidia and AMD
First time to use an Asrock motherboard. I have done quite some research, but still feel like having a discussion here on a few questions with experienced pc builders:
- is Asrock a generally good brand for normal usage compared to other famous brands like Asus, Gigabyte? what is your ranking?
- since z170 is for overclocking, so how is your ranking for overclocking among these brands?
- this board comes with killer nic for internet, how is that compared to intel built-in one?
- did anyone successfully install OS X on this motherboard?
- how about OS X in virtual machine?