This product might not be for everyone but I love the effect when watching movies. I have been waiting for a deal on this site to upgrade my original Kickstarter HD/Bluetooth kit to the 4K wifi version which has been reasonably solid apart from issues with Bluetooth signals getting shield from behind the TV. They have had a few 'offers' in the past but this is the first time I have seen 25% and free shipping.
Example item would be 4K version with LEDS for TVs up to 45" USD$187.49 (about $260 dollarydoos depending on you card)
Cheaper options if you only want a HD version or have your own LEDs
Whats it do / good for?
- add back-lighting to any screen (TV or PC) by plugging this inline between the device and the screen.
- only works really for when your screen gets input from another source ie a Chromcast, Amplifier, PVR or BluRay player - ie not from you inbuilt tuner
- wifi / app controlled - can do things like ambient effects if you like that sort of thing
- Can get a set where you BYO LEDs if you like keeping the price down a bit if you can source cheap ones or have them already
- did a bit of research and see they are continually updating / supporting this as they recently updated support for HDR video feeds which it seemed were an issue for some devices for a while.
Offer through to Tuesday (midnight Monday US time I assume)
Only similar product I'm aware of is Lightpack and thats still in a preorder and more expensive. I'm not a big poster so suggestions for a better title accepted.