[NSW, QLD] Free Aid/Services for Those Affected by The Bushfires
Last edited 13/11/2019 - 21:41 by 1 other user
This is not your normal deal – mods, please move to forum if more suited there.
I was looking for bushfire appeals where I can make a donation to help with the bushfires when I came across the following aid/services that are available –
Assistance for both NSW/QLD -
- Free 12-month mail redirection @ Australia Post - thanks Thefong
- Medication supplies - thanks Pharmacy
- Vehicle - registration and licensing concessions and refunds will be offered to customers if their vehicle or other relevant documentation has been lost, damaged or destroyed during the fires.
- Birth, marriage or change of name certificates – Certificates that have been destroyed as a result of the fires can be reissued at no charge.
- Tolls - The $40 tag security deposit/s on an RMS E-Toll tag will be waived if a tag has been lost, damaged or destroyed during the fires.
- Home building cards - Service NSW is offering free replacement of Home Building cards for any lost in the bushfires.
For those affected in QLD (there may be more which I will add as I find them) –
Short term -
- Free use of Telstra public payphones in the affected areas
- Free use of Telstra Air payphone hotspots in the affected areas
- Free call diversion from an affected fixed home or business phone service to another fixed or mobile service of the customer’s choice, regardless of the carrier
- Customers who use the free call diversion to divert their affected fixed home or business phone to their Telstra mobile service, can also make local and STD® calls on their mobile at fixed line rates, in accordance with their selected plan (limited to one designated Telstra mobile per affected household or business)
- Affected Telstra mobile customers who do not have a Telstra home phone can receive a one-off credit to the value of $100 inc. GST (limited to one mobile phone per Telstra mobile account).
Today is World Kindness Day. Great opportunity for us to perform a random act of kindness and donate the money we were potentially going to spend on random stuff towards bushfire appeals to help others in their time of need.
Donations can be made to -