Sorry if this is a repost but with the release of the new Flight Simulator I thought I'd post it for those that don't know.
Note: This only works if you don’t currently have any active subscriptions
and haven’t already used the $1 upgrade/trial on your account yet.
Edit: Thanks to ShortyX, It seems like you may be able to do the $1 conversion more than once provided that it has already expired.
Edit 2: It seems like if you've already done the $1 conversion/trial, it will cost you $15.95 to do the conversion the second time.
Steps are as follows:
- Create Xbox AU account here: https://www.xbox.com/en-AU (or use existing).
- Get 12 month Xbox Live subscriptions here for $34: https://www.g2a.com/en-au/xbox-live-gold-subscription-card-1...
I purchased from the "Floatingclouds" seller. BACK IN STOCK
- Get a Brazillian VPN. If the one you have doesn't work in Step 5 (my paid SurfShark one gave me errors when redeeming), try this free Chrome Extension (G2A seller recommended this one and it worked): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/free-vpn/jcbiifklm...
- Connect to Brazil VPN and go to https://redeem.microsoft.com/. Login to your Microsoft/Xbox account if not already. (I opted to login to my Microsoft account with a one-time code sent to my email rather than using my password as a precaution while using a sketchy VPN/extension.)
- Repeat redemption for all of the codes. I had to try a couple times for each one as the VPN is free and slow, I think it times out. Note: Make sure you don’t opt-in to automatic renewal for the 1 bonus month. This will prevent you from redeeming the 3rd 12 month pass.
- Once you have redeemed as many as you want (max of 3 for 36 months), you can then opt to “upgrade” to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1. I did this in the Microsoft account/subscriptions page, but I think you can also do it here: https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/live/gold/upgrade. Note: Don't use the VPN for this part.
Hopefully that's clear enough. Not sure how much longer this offer is going to be around for so I'd probably jump on it if interested. If I've missed any steps or there are better VPN's/key prices let me know and I'll update the post. Cheers!
If the keys are out of stock, here's a list of some other sites I was considering before I purchased (not quite as cheap):
https://www.electronicfirst.com/12-month-xbox-live-gold-memb... (Warning: some users reporting ID verification required)
https://www.gamivo.com/product/xbox-live-gold-12-month-brazi... (Warning: some users reporting ID verification required)
Note: Buy at your own risk, I cannot speak for the legitimacy of these sellers
Edit: Floatingclouds on G2A is back in stock here (scroll down, top of the list): https://www.g2a.com/xbox-live-gold-subscription-card-12-mont...
Note/Comparison: Australian Xbox Game Pass Ultimate has RRP of $574.20 for 36 months ($15.95/Month)