Hi, I recently sold a second hand high valued item on eBay worth more than $1000, after sending the item in registered post, after the buyer received the item, they opened a case on eBay saying: 'the Buyer Did Not Recognise The Transaction' and opened a dispute. eBay asked me to upload a tracking which I did again after loading it in the original transaction page.
Not long after, I got an email from ebay saying:
''Payment dispute details
The payment institution has decided to side with the buyer. eBay refunded the buyer for the dispute amount and deducted the funds from you. The dispute fee of $22 was charged.
When I asked ebay why I lost the case as I uploaded the tracking number on eBay. eBay said the decision is in the hands of the Buyers Payment Institution.
I then asked for an appeal on eBay Live Chat, the lady said the case is NOW on appeal and I should be given an answer within 72 hours. A few days later then when I asked again how is the case going, eBay's Live Chat agent said there was no appeal on the case and she can help me to open an appeal…..WTF!
To give you a more understanding on how everything unfolded, this is what's happening:
- Sold an item on ebay, buyer paid
- send two email through eBay system indicating when the item will be sent and once sent tracking will be uploaded (No reply as this happens a lot so I didn't think too much)
- Sent the item using Australian Post Registered mail with Signature on delivery
- Item received 2 days after as we are in the same city
- 1 day after the item is received, the buyer opened a dispute on eBay saying Transaction not recognised
- Contacted eBay and uploaded the tracking to dispute the transaction to prove I have sent the item out (Allow me to explain this: The tracking online by Austpost will only show the delivery suburb not the name of the person who signed for the parcel or the full address it was sent to even with signature on delivery)
- eBay sent me an email 3 days later indicating 'The payment institution has decided to side with the buyer. eBay refunded the buyer for the dispute amount and deducted the funds from you. The dispute fee of $22 was charged' So I lost more than $1000+ on this whole transaction
- Spoken to eBay live chat and was promised an appeal will be lodged on my behave and not too worry, everything will sort itself out within 72 hours
- After 72 hours I contacted eBay Live Chat again and they said it appears to be no appeals on their system, which mean the case is still closed and I lost my money. WFT! After spoken to them again and again they keep direct to eBay links which doesnt help me at all to get the money back.
eBay is pretty much at a dead end here…….
The buyer is in the same city as mine, what are my options here?
Give the buyer a ring and ask to have the item back since now they have been refunded? Sent the buyer a Letter of Demand asking to have the item returned? Go to the small claims tribunal directly against the buyer?