Receive 150,000 Membership Rewards Points (worth $750 or more) plus $395 back with the American Express Explorer Card, only via The Champagne Mile
Additionally, get a $400 Travel Credit to spend on flights, hotels or car hire through Amex Travel each membership year.
This limited-time offer is available exclusively via The Champagne Mile for a three-week period. It’s not available via any other channel, including the public American Express website or where you use a referral link.
To receive the 150,000 Membership Rewards Points plus $395 back, you must apply through The Champagne Mile by 24 August 2021, be approved and spend $3,000 in the first 3 months from approval. New Card Members only.
- 150,000 Membership Rewards Points (worth $750 in Gift Cards, 75,000 frequent flyer points/miles in airline programs including KrisFlyer, Asia Miles and Velocity) or 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points
- $395 back (effectively cancels out the first year $395 Annual Fee)
- $400 American Express Travel Credit each membership year
- Earn up to 2 MR Points per $1 (uncapped)
- Shop Small offer (Earn 3 points per $1, up to 40,000 Qantas points until March 2022)
- Complimentary Smartphone Screen Insurance and Travel Insurances
- Complimentary 12-month Centr app subscription (valued at $119.99). Offer ends 14 February 2022
- Two entries each year to the Amex Lounge at Sydney and Melbourne Airports (temporarily closed)
- Exclusive Amex entertainment and lifestyle offers
- Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay compatible
Need to know:
- $395 annual fee (in the first year, this is fully offset by the $395 Credit)
- Offer exclusive to The Champagne Mile
- Spend criteria, T&Cs apply
- New card members only
- Last day to apply is 24 August 2021
Click here to learn more.
To get this offer, you must not have held a card issued directly by American Express Australia in the last 18 months. However, you are still eligible for this offer if you’re an Additional Card Member on someone else’s account.
You'll also need to:
* Be able to report a $65,000 minimum annual income
* Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or long term visa holder
UPDATE 4/8: In response to queries around eligibility criteria on this and recent Explorer offer posts, American Express has shared a few additional factors that may provide readers with a better chance of being approved for this card. You may wish to consider the following factors before deciding to apply:
Hold a min. income of $80,000 pa: While the minimum reportable annual income to apply for this card is $65,000, applicants who are able to report an annual income of $80,000 or more may have a greater success being approved.
Hold a credit score of 650 or above: To apply for this card, you should hold a good credit rating. Your credit score is calculated using many factors. This includes the types and number of loan and credit accounts you hold, account opening and closures, current credit limits, and your repayment history. In Australia, it’s easy to check your credit score. You are entitled to a free copy of your credit report from each credit reporting body every year.
Applicants who apply for the American Express Explorer card via The Champagne Mile will not be assessed any differently when compared to other channels, including applications undertaken via American Express directly or another partner.
Reminder: This offer is available exclusively through The Champagne Mile. It isn’t accessible from the public American Express website or via a referral link. We may receive a commission if you apply for this card via our link.