Been looking for a way to minimise latency on Nintendo Switch online games and a lot of people recommend using ethernet rather than wifi.
While the new OLED switch has a built in ethernet port, this will give you the same feature on the older switch for a fraction of the price from a reputable brand.
This one has AX88179 which is the ONLY chip that works with Nintendo Switch. For those not looking to buy one for the Nintendo switch, you can find heaps with RTL8153 chip for sub $15.
About this item
- USB Ethernet Adapter: Ugreen USB 3.0 male A to RJ45 female ethernet adapter connects your computer or tablet to a router,modem or network switch for network connection. It adds a standard RJ45 port to your Ultrabook, notebook or Macbook Air for file transferring, video conferencing, gaming, and HD video streaming.
- Protector Replace a Broken Ethernet Port: USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is a good accessory to protect the RJ45 Lan port in your expensive computer or replace a broken Ethernet port.
- Speed up to 5Gbps: Full 10/100/1000Mbps gigabit ethernet performance over USB 3.0's 5Gbps bus, faster and more reliable than most wireless connections. Link and Activity LEDs. USB powered, no external power required. Backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1.
- Wide Compatibility: This USB RJ45 adapter work with Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OSX 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12, Linux kernel 3.x/2.6, Chrome OS and Raspberry Pi 4, etc. *Do Not Support Windows RT and Android. Compatible with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u and IEEE 802.3ab. Supports IEEE 802.3az (Energy Efficient Ethernet).
- Mini Portable: UGREEN USB rj45 adapter is mini and portable, perfect to take on the go.